Selling size: Single Mature plant (10-12 leaves) | Pot Included | Free delivery
Enhance the beauty of your indoor spaces by growing Philodendron selloum (Golden) plant. This is an excellent, popular ornamental foliage plant.
Philodendron selloum (Golden) is a perennial bushy plant. Plant with large, showy deeply divided, usually drooping, medium green leaves that is grown as a houseplant. It can produce aerial roots that absorb water and nutrients. It can also remove harmful toxins from air.
Planting And Care
Refer our Garden Guide for detailed procedures and meanings of words related to gardening.
- Keep the plant indoor or outdoor with bright indirect natural light or bright indirect artifical light.
- Protect the Philodendron plant from direct sunlight as it can cause damage to the foliage.
- The soil should be well drained and fertile for growing Philodendron plant.
- Water the plant when the topsoil (1-2 inch) in pot feels dry to touch.
- Do not ever overwater the plant.
- Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.
Application of Fertilizer
- During the main growing season (April – August) feed the Philodendron plant with organic fertilizer once a month.
- Loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture easily.
- When a plant outgrows in current pot, re-pot with fresh potting soil and some fertilizer.
- Do the re-potting late evening and keep the plant in shady area for 2 to 3 days and then move the plant in its suitable climatic condition.
For re-potting procedure
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and discard them away from the plants.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
Philodendron Selloum Care
Initial care for 1-2 weeks after receiving plant at your location:
- Keep the plant in natural indirect bright Light.
- Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture.
- Water when top soil (1-2inches) feels dry to touch.
- Do not re-pot for min. 2 weeks after receiving it.
|20 to 30 degree Celsius
Philodendron Selloum Special Feature
Excellent air purifier plant.
Philodendron Selloum Uses
- It makes an excellent container or house plant also preferred for mass planting and as specimen plant
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.