Philodendron Xanadu Golden
Selling size: Mentioned in last picture
12 in stock
PHILODENDRON XANADU GOLDEN
The golden variety of Xanadu is a hybrid with Neon Yellow leaves which are multi-lobed and glossy. The Xanadu varieties become much beautiful as they become old and mature. These are 2 feet tall and 3-5 feet wide. Xanadus rarely bloom in indoor conditions.
HOW TO CARE FOR YOUR PHILODENDRON:
- Provide a loose, a well-draining soil mixture, not much sandy. Since they prefer organic content in the soil such as peat, coconut peat, keeping a balanced acidic soil (pH 6-6.5) is benefitting to the plant growth.
- These plant needs a bright indirect light so keep near a window where sunlight does not fall. Do not let direct sunlight touch the foliage, the leaves may become scorched or many leaves will turn yellow.
- Low light conditions will lead to darker leaves and lights on much brighter side will lead to scorching of leaves. So, try to strike a balance with the lighting condition for this beauty.
- Since they belong to the tropics, they prefer moist soil (not wet). Before watering check for the moisture level in soil by inserting your finger up to an inch (2.5 cm), if soil feels dry then water the plant (twice or thrice a week).
- Drooping of leaves is possible if the plant is underwatered or overwatered. Reduce watering during winters.
- Pruning is not required much but if you wish to contain the plant or make it bushier or if the plant’s becoming leggy, then prune it. Pruning should be done in early spring (March-April) or fall (September-October). Do remove the yellow leaves.
- Fertilize your plant during the early spring or summers (May-July). Using liquid fertilizers are good for any plant as it ensures faster absorption.
- Stems getting leggier and spreading is a sign that your plant is not getting enough light. So, just adjust the location of your plant to the nearest bright spot possible.
- Calcium and magnesium deficiencies are indicated by pale new leaves. Provide calcium with bone ash or egg shells or calcium enriched fertilizers.
- Slow growing philodendrons can be boosted by a half cup of coffee and half cup of water once a while.
- If you have the plant for a year or so and you observe the plant is growing slow, check for its nutrient requirements or the plants need a bigger pot.
HOW TO PROPAGATE YOUR PHILODENDRON:
- By division: To divide the plants, first remove the whole plant from the pot. Now, look for roots with plants from the root cluster. This step can be tricky but everything can be done with practice. This separated plant now can be planted in the new pot.
- Cutting in potting mix: Cut 3-4 inches long branch with some foliage and aerial roots. Remove the leaves at the bottom of the cutting that will be pushed into the soil. Push 1-2 inches of the bare stem and moist the soil sufficiently. Keep in shade. Look out for new growth of the new developing plant. Wait for a week to let the root system develop and then re-pot it to a larger one.
- Cutting in water: Cut 3-4 inches long branch with some foliage and aerial roots. Remove the leaves at the bottom of the cutting or else these will rot when dipped in water. Keep changing the water every 4-5 days and let the root system develop and then plant in the soil.
|COLOURS ON PLANT||Neon yellow; Lime green|
|PLANT TYPE||Tropical; Indoor/outdoor (keep in partial shade), NON-CLIMBING TYPE|
|SOIL||Loose, moist (not wet), well-draining mix, acidic/ high organic matter|
|LIGHT REQUIREMENT||Bright Indirect sunlight|
|WATERING||2-3 times a week (increase watering in hot temperature)|
|FERTILIZERS||Once or twice during summers (April-May)|
|PROPAGATION||Root division; Stem cutting|
KNOW YOUR PHILODENDRONS:
These are native to the Tropical forests of West Indies and Americas. They prefer wet, humid, climate and being a resident of tropical forests prefer organically rich soil. There are two types of philodendrons: climbing and non-climbing philodendrons. The leaves of philodendron are different young and old phase; younger leaves lighter in shade and older ones much darker. They range from 1-20 feet tall height and 1-6 feet width varying in different species.
OVERALL, PHILODENDRONS ARE AN EASY TO CARE PLANT.
UNIQUE FEATURE: They are an excellent home cleaning and purifying plant, and removes formaldehyde.
Quantity: A single stem with roots.
Real beauty 😍