Philodendron Brandtianum – Rare Plant
- Selling size : Mentioned in the last picture of its advertisement
- Potted plant will be sent
- Free Shipping
1 in stock
Philodendron brandtianum is a rare and highly sought-after philodendron that has olive green leaves with striking gray mottling and silver markings. The attractive heart-shaped leaves grow densely on the vining stems and need a support to climb on or it can be grown as a hanging basket where with a little encouragement it makes a beautiful specimen. If allowed to climb and attach to a support, the leaves can get quite large; if allowed to trail, the leaves remain small. Grow Philodendron brandtianum in partial sun to shade and dry out between waterings.
- Light: Partial sun or shade; an eastern, western, or northern
- Temperature: Maintain indoor temperatures above 60.
- Humidity: Preferably above 50% but will tolerate lower levels
- Watering: Water when the surface of the potting mix appears dry
and then thoroughly saturate the mix until a little water
trickles from the bottom of the pot.
- Fertilizer: Fertilize monthly with a balanced fertilizer like a 15-15-
15 or lower. If light levels are high, increase to biweekly
- Pruning: Little pruning is needed except to contain size.
- Insects and Disease: Few problems with either insects or disease. If plants
are grown cold and wet, foliar and root diseases can
become an issue.
- Comments: Philodendrons are famous potted plant because of the
unique leaves and form as well as their tolerance to
indoor growing conditions. They like warmth found in
the modern home and will grow well under low light and
low humidity. To culture plants to their optimum, good
quality light is essential with even some direct sun in the
morning or afternoon. Watering when soil is beginning
to dry will keep their roots healthy, and periodic
applications of a balanced fertilizer will stimulate healthy