Jacaranda Spp. Blue Jacaranda, Neel Mohar- Plant
5 in stock
Plant Size: Single Plant | Pot Included | Free Shipping
- Widely planted because of its attractive and long-lasting blue coloured flowers.
- The tree grows to a height of up to 20 m.
- Its bark is thin and grey-brown, smooth when the tree is young but eventually becoming finely scaly.
- The twigs are slender and slightly zigzag; they are a light reddish-brown.
- Flowers appear in spring and early summer, and last for up to two months.
- Followed by woody seed pods, which contain numerous flat, winged seeds.
- The blue jacaranda is cultivated for the sake of its large compound leaves, even in areas where it rarely blooms.
|Common Name||Jacaranda, blue Jacaranda, black poui, Nupur or fern tree|
|Maximum Reachable Height||Upto 20 m|
|Flower Colour||Blue, Violet|
|Bloom Time||Spring, Late Spring, Early Summer|
|Difficulty Level||Easy to grow.|
Caring of Jacaranda Plant
- Keep the plant in direct bright light.
- Provide afternoon shade to the plant when young.
- At least six to eight hours of sun per day.
- The soil should be well drained and fertile rich in organic content.
- Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture.
- Water when top soil (1-2 inches) feels dry to touch.
- Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering in winter and rainy season.
Application of Fertilizer
- During the main growing season feed the plant with organic fertilizer once a month.
- Loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots of the plant so it can uptake the nutrients and moisture easily.
- When a plant outgrows in current pot, re-pot with fresh potting soil and some fertilizer.
- Do the re-potting late evening and keep the plant in shady area for 2 to 3 days and then move the plant in its suitable climatic condition.
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts and dispose them away from the planting area.
- Spray Neem, Eucalyptus or Citrus oil for any insect/pest attack, as a primary treatment.
- Do not over-water the plant especially when pot does not have drainage holes.
- The tree represents wisdom, rebirth, wealth and good luck.
- Shade Tree.
- Grown as specimen tree in a landscape because of its unique flowers and pods.
- Very popular bonsai plant
- Popular tree for roadside plantation.
- Landscaping tree.
Disclaimer : The image is for reference purposes only. The actual product may vary in shape or appearance based on climate, age, height, etc.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.