Fiddle Leaf Fig , Ficus Lyrata Bambino – Plant
Images are for reference purposes only. Actual product may vary in shape or appearance based on climate, age, height, etc.
The fiddle leaf fig from the Ficus genus of trees is an exciting species to grow with larger leaves and is one of the best houseplants for purifying indoor air.
What makes it special:
- Air purifier plant
- Easy to grow.
- Classy plant for interior look.
|1||Ficus Lyrata Bambino, Dwarf Fiddle Leaf Fig – Plant|
|2||5 inch (13 cm) Grower Round Plastic Pot (Black)|
Fiddle leaf consists usually a single trunk and a canopy of spherical or hemispherical shape, which is symmetrical with an irregular outline. Its foliage, of coarse texture, is dense and has an upright or spreading appearance.
As an indoor plant, it gets significantly smaller dimensions and has a rather upright appearance. When these plants mature in age and size they make a great focal point within living rooms, hallways, offices or hotels.
|Plant Height||12 inch (30 cm)|
|Plant Spread||7 inch (18 cm)|
|Common Name||Laurel fig, laurel rubber, Indian laurel, curtain fig, Malayan banyan, Cuban laurel, strangling fig|
|Maximum Reachable Height||3 to 5 feet|
|Bloom Time||Rarely flowers indoors|
|Difficulty Level||Very easy|
Planting And Care
Refer our Garden Guide for detailed procedures and meanings of words related to gardening.
- Place the ficus near a window in a room that gets bright morning sunlight.
- Turn the plant occasionally so all the growth does not occur on one side.
- Use nutrient rich, well drained, well aereted, and porous potting mix.
- Water a plant when the topsoil in pot (5 to 8 cm) feels dry to touch.
- Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering for the winter & rainy season.
- Try misting the plant regularly to increase the ambient humidity.
- Try to water the plants in the morning around 8-10 am.
Application of Fertilizer:
- Apply fertilize a plant mostly in the spring and early monsoon season.
- Loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots to the plant can easily uptake the nutrients and moisture.
- When a plant outgrows in current pot, re-pot with fresh potting soil and some fertilizer.
- Do the re-potting late evening and keep the plant in shady area for 2 to 3 days then move the plant to its required light condition.
For re-potting procedure click here
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
Ficus Lyrata Bambino Care
Initial care for 1-2 weeks after receiving plant at your location:
- Allow your plants to settle to your location first after receiving it.
- Do not overwater them suddenly.
- Check the moisture in the soil. If it is too dry then apply water gently.
- Keep the plant in indirect bright light. Gradually move it to more bright location.
- Do not re-pot immediately after receiving it.
Key requirements to keep plant healthy:
|Sunlight||Partial sun, Requires shade|
|Temperature||20 to 30 degrees Celsius|
|Fertilizer||Use any organic fertilizer|
Ficus Lyrata Bambino Special Feature
The plant features very large, heavily veined, violin-shaped leaves
Ficus Lyrata Bambino Uses
- When these plants mature in age and size they make a great focal point within living rooms, hallways, offices or hotels
- They are perfect if you can situate them in a floor-standing container