Size: Single plant | Pot Included | Free shipping
You have several options upon receipt of this plant:
- Stand your costus, pot and all, in a pretty planter with a layer of potsherds in the base. Or, in a planter with holes, on a saucer. Water immediately.
- You could also pot your costus up to a pretty planter with holes in the base and on a saucer. Add fresh potting compost above a layer of potsherds or hydro-pellets and plant the costus at the correct height. Fill up with more potting compost and press firmly down. Water immediately after planting too.
- Just leave this houseplant in its nursery pot and stand it on a saucer to collect drainage. Water immediately. Don’t let it stand in drained off water for longer than 24 hours.
Give this plant a nice light spot in your home. Morning or evening sunlight won’t be a problem but do avoid the full midday sun. Too much sunlight will turn the stem and leaf stems yellow. Definitely do not allow your costus to dry out. Standard potting compost is ideal when potting up.
The best spot for your houseplant The best spot for your plant is:
- Somewhere that has a lot of light but is shielded from the brightest afternoon sunlight. Early morning or evening sun won’t be a problem, and indeed appreciated! Best would usually be about 3 metres from a window. This plant rather likes the shade so 6 metres from a window won’t give problems at all.
- Somewhere nice and warm – 18-23° C. Underfloor heating is ideal. Next to or above a radiator however would be ill-advised because the warm air would dry the plant out too quickly which could cause the leaf edges to brown.
- Somewhere with a relatively high humidity (60-70%). You could of course spray the foliage regularly to keep humidity up. Even doing this several times a day.
Water regularly (twice a week in spring and summer, otherwise once a week) and feed fortnightly in the growing season with fertiliser for flowering houseplants.
Your costus will appreciate a warm spot (definitely not below 15 degrees C) and out of direct sun (although morning or evening sunlight won’t cause a problem).
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
₹249.00₹149.00Add to cart
Selling size: Well rooted plant | 2.5″ Pot included Chlorophytum Spider, also the Spider Plant is an impressive houseplant which is the perfect plant for any beginner. A NASA certified air purifier, its long, green foliage with white variegations look good in both hanging planters and as desktop setups. In favourable conditions, it blooms with …
String of Bananas
Selling size: Mentioned in last Picture The wonderful and wacky string of bananas is an excellent hanging succulent. A close relative of the String of Pearls, it’s the easier cousin to take care of and keep alive. Its leaves are shaped like bananas or fishhooks and if grown in the ground they can trail …
Philodendron Mexicanum (Big plant)
Selling size: Single Plant | Pot included Size & Growth Philodendron Mexicanum reaches a height of about 6.5-7 feet within 2 years. However, its leaves have a more impressive growth reaching 1 foot in width and 2 feet in length. When they’re small, the leaves are narrow and long, however, as they mature, they become …
Dischidia Ruscifolia (Million Hearts)
₹695.00₹375.00Add to cart
Plant Size: Single plant | 2.5″ Pot Included | Free Shipping Dischidia Ruscifolia also known as Million Hearts, has numerous small, heart-shaped green leaves that line both sides of thin trailing stems. Its flowers are small and grow between a leaf and the stem.If grown under intense light, the plant’s leaves will develop a red tinge. …
Dischidia nummularia (Pebble Beach/ Button Orchid)
₹655.00₹375.00Rated 5.00 out of 5Add to cart
Plant Size: Single plant | 2.5″ Pot Included | Free Shipping Dischidia is an epiphytic small growing tropical succulent plant, related to a Hoya, with trailing stems. These plants grows on supports such as tree trunks or branches. Their stems may produce roots along the nodes to absorb nutrients and water and provide additional support …
Spanish Moss Air Plant
₹899.00₹155.00Add to cart
Selling size: Mentioned in the last Picture SPANISH MOSS CARE INSTRUCTIONS Scientific name: Tillandsia usneoides Synonyms: Old man’s beard, Spanish Moss, French Hair, Spanish Beard Spanish Moss is a delicate silvery-grey air plant that is often used to hang in trees or as a gorgeous décor piece without the need for soil. Despite its name, Spanish Moss is …
Black zz plant/Black Raven
Selling size: Mentioned in the last picture of its advertisement Raven ZZ facts Name – Zamioculcas zamiifolia Raven™ Cultivar – Zamioculcas zamiifolia ‘Dowon’ Common name – Raven ZZ Family – Araceae Type – houseplant Height – 1 ½ to 3 feet (45 to 90 cm) Exposure – well-lit Soil type – draining soil mix Foliage …
Pellionia repens var. pulchra (Trailing Watermelon Begonia)
Selling size: Well rooted plant in a jiffy bag Pellionia Repens Pellionia repens, commonly called wavy watermelon begonia is grown as a houseplant, often in hanging baskets, because of its attractive foliage. Features fleshy, greenish-pink stems with elliptic to oblong, wavy-edged leaves. Leaves are a variable gray-green , with dark green along the edges and …