Black Rubber Tree, Rubber Plant, Ficus elastica (Big) – Plant
Selling size:well rooted plant mentioned in last picture(pot & soil not included)
Images are for reference purposes only. Actual product may vary in shape or appearance based on climate, age, height, etc. The product is replaceable but not returnable.
Out of stock
Email when stock available
The rubber plant is a popular ornamental foliage plant to enhance the beauty of your indoor and outdoor spaces.
Rubber plant is evergreen tropical plant in Moraceae family. Rubber plant have thick multiple trunks, and a spreading, irregular canopy with thick, glossy evergreen simple eliptic leaves.
|Common Name||Indian Rubber Bush, Ficus decora, India Rubber Tree, Rubber Plant|
|Maximum Reachable Height||20 to 40 m|
|Bloom Time||Rarely flowers indoors|
|Difficulty Level||Easy to grow|
*above specification are indicative only. actual dimensions may vary by +-10%
Planting And Care
Refer our Garden Guide for detailed procedures and meanings of words related to gardening.
- Place the ficus near a window in a room that gets bright morning sunlight.
- Turn the plant occasionally so all the growth does not occur on one side.
- Use nutrient rich, well drained, well aereted, and porous potting mix.
- Water a plant when the topsoil in pot (5 to 8 cm) feels dry to touch.
- Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering for the winter & rainy season.
- Try to water the plants in the morning around 8-10 am.
Application of Fertilizer:
- Apply fertilize a plant mostly in the spring and early monsoon season.
- Loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots to the plant can easily uptake the nutrients and moisture.
- When a plant outgrows in current pot, re-pot with fresh potting soil and some fertilizer.
- Do the re-potting late evening and keep the plant in shady area for 2 to 3 days then move the plant to its required light condition.
For re-potting procedure click here
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
Rubber Tree Care
- Keep the plant in natural indirect bright Light.
- Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture.
- Water when top soil (1-2inches) feels dry to touch.
- Do not re-pot for min. 2 weeks after receiving it.
Rubber Tree Uses
- The shiny glossy leaves look great and give a classy look to your interior space