Black Rubber, Ficus elastica, Burgundy (Big)
Selling size: Well rooted plant mentioned in the last picture.
2 in stock
The rubber plant is a popular ornamental foliage plant to enhance the beauty of your indoor and outdoor spaces.
Rubber plant is evergreen tropical plant in Moraceae family. Rubber plant have thick multiple trunks, and a spreading, irregular canopy with thick, glossy evergreen simple eliptic leaves.
|Common Name||Indian Rubber Bush, Ficus decora, India Rubber Tree, Rubber Plant|
|Maximum Reachable Height||20 to 40 m|
|Bloom Time||Rarely flowers indoors|
|Difficulty Level||Easy to grow|
*above specification are indicative only. actual dimensions may vary by +-10%
Planting And Care
Refer our Garden Guide for detailed procedures and meanings of words related to gardening.
- Place the ficus near a window in a room that gets bright morning sunlight.
- Turn the plant occasionally so all the growth does not occur on one side.
- Use nutrient rich, well drained, well aereted, and porous potting mix.
- Water a plant when the topsoil in pot (5 to 8 cm) feels dry to touch.
- Water thoroughly in the summer and reduce watering for the winter & rainy season.
- Try to water the plants in the morning around 8-10 am.
Application of Fertilizer:
- Apply fertilize a plant mostly in the spring and early monsoon season.
- Loosen the topsoil without disturbing the roots to the plant can easily uptake the nutrients and moisture.
- When a plant outgrows in current pot, re-pot with fresh potting soil and some fertilizer.
- Do the re-potting late evening and keep the plant in shady area for 2 to 3 days then move the plant to its required light condition.
For re-potting procedure click here
- Remove dead, infected or damaged plant parts.
- For any insect attack or disease, you can use Neem oil, Eucalyptus oil or Citrus oil spray for primary treatment.
Rubber Tree Care
- Keep the plant in natural indirect bright Light.
- Poke your finger/plain small stick into the soil to check the moisture.
- Water when top soil (1-2inches) feels dry to touch.
- Do not re-pot for min. 2 weeks after receiving it.
Rubber Tree Uses
- The shiny glossy leaves look great and give a classy look to your interior space