Alternanthera ficoidea Snowball, Alternanthera variegated
Selling size: Well rooted plant in a jiffy bag
7 in stock
|Common Name||Sessile Joyweed,Josephs coat|
|Maximum Reachable Height||Up to 2 to 3 ft|
|Bloom Time||Seasonal bloomer|
|Difficulty Level||Easy to grow|
Planting And Care
Water the plants often enough to keep the soil from completely drying out. They generally don, t need additional fertilizer, but if they aren, t growing well, try giving them a shovelful of compost in summer. Cut them back if the mounds start to sprawl or spread open.
Alternanthera Variegated Care
Josephs coat plants are not picky about the soil as long as it is well-drained and not too rich. The plants grow well in both sun and partial shade, but the colours are more intense in full sun.
|Sunlight||Full sun to part shade|
|Temperature||20 to 30 degrees C|
|Fertilizer||Apply any organic fertilizer|
Alternanthera Variegated Special Feature
Bedding plant, edger or containe Foliage is particularly attractive when plants are massed as a ground cover or edger. Plants of this species have been used since Victorian times in clipped formal plantings. Also can be an attractive houseplant.
Alternanthera Variegated Uses
- The plant is used for the ornamental purpose
- Its generally keep indoor in the living room and in terrace area
- Stems and leaves useful in eye trouble
- The decoction is taken with little salt drunk to check vomiting of blood
- Shoot with other ingredients used to restore virility
- Poultice used for boils
- Note: Use only after consulting the specialist