Alocasia Bambino Variegated – Rare
1 in stock
Size: Single plant| Free shipping| Pot Included
- This plant requires a light well draining soil mix. bambinos need moist soil, but cannot have water compact around the roots.
- A mix of potting soil, succulent soil mix and orchid soil mix (look for one with a lot of peat and finer bark mix) will keep the roots happiest.
- Two parts potting soil to two parts succulent mix to two parts orchid bark.
- A heavy soil potting mix is not recommended for this plant.
Pot Size and Type:
- This plant is fairly slow growing and needs a pot only an inch or two above the previous pot size.
- Any NON porous well drained pot can be used. It MUST have a drainage hole. Terra cotta wicks away too much water from the soil and is not the best pot material for Alocasias
- Repot every second year or when roots come out the drainage holes on the pot bottom.
- Bambinos require bright indirect light
- Shield this plant from strong direct light in summer south and west sunny windows. The leaves will burn.
- Tip: Window sheers or blinds can offset some brief periods of high direct light.
- Try a watering schedule of every week. Water thoroughly until the water runs out of the pot.
- Watering is best done on a regular schedule so the plant is not over or under watered. Both can cause stress on the plant.
- Never let this plant get wet feet. Alocasias enjoy moist soil but cannot tolerate heavy compacted wet soil. If the soil is compacted the bottom of the soil can remain wet which encourages root rot and fungus gnats.
- Alocasia bambinos need humidity. Set the container on a pebble tray with water under the pot or provide a humidifier to this tropical plant for best growth and happiness.
- Make sure you are not keeping your plant next to a heat or air vent. This will dramatically lower the humidity level.
How to Fertilize:
- Alocasias require regular fertilizing.
- Apply a good quality fertilizer (linked in materials) monthly through Spring and summer.
- Alternately you can use a slow release fertilizer at the beginning of the growing season.
- Decrease feedings by late Fall and allow the plant to rest through the winter months.
- Keep this plant at a low of 50 Degrees F. to upward of 85 Degrees F. It enjoys warmth and humidity.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first one to write one.