Aglonima (Red Lipstick)
Selling size:well rooted plant mentioned in last picture
Aglaonema Red Lipstick plant is mostly used as a decorative plant & interior landscape plant. This luck-bringing ornamental plant is an Indoor Air Purifying plant as recommended by NASA. It is stylish and easy to grow and need lower light. It has dark green leaves elegantly flushed with bright red or pink. Almost this long-lived houseplant keeps its colour and will look good for years, it’s also called Chinese Evergreen. Aglaonema is generally low-growing plants that will only very gradually reveal their trunks. It is usually grown as an annual. This elegant indoor plant is grown for its bright and colourful foliage. A perfect gift for someone like interior decor or gardening.
Scientific name: Aglaonema commutatum
Common Name: Chinese evergreens, Royal Treasure
- Feng Shui Good Luck Plant for Prosperity
- Air Purifying Indoor Plant – Removes chemicals, such as formaldehyde, benzene or other toxins.
Aglaonema Red Lipstick Care
Sunlight: Most importantly, protect it from cold temperatures and excessive sunlight. Place the Aglaonema plant at indirect natural light or some artificial fluorescent light. The plant often shows the best colour in medium or indirect light indoors.
Soil: It needs moist well-drained soils but the overflow can be harmful to this plant.
Water: Water aglaonema often in summer and in winter watering should be moderate. In low light conditions like office, allow the soil to dry in the top 1 Inch thickness of soil between watering cycles. Besides that avoid overhead watering. It will go a few weeks without water if you’re away from home.
Temperature: They do not like cold drafts or temperatures below 65ºF.
Fertilizer: It requires a very small amount of fertilizer. Use liquid fertilizer during the growing season.
Re-potting: Aglaonema is a slow-growing plant hence will only need repotting every other year.
Propagation: By dividing the basal shoots during re-potting
Toxicity: Toxic to Cats and Pets. Aglaonema plants are poisonous due to Calcium Oxalate Crystals. If ingested they cause irritation of the mucous membranes, and the juice can cause skin irritation and painful rash.